Job Title: Leasing and Property Management Associate
Location: Henderson, North Carolina, with travel and the possibility of some remote work
• Maintain and increase the occupancy of properties by leasing available space to qualified tenants and renewing leases with existing tenants
• Grow the value of Rosemyr’s investment in its properties by maintaining and improving the appearance and condition of the properties
• Identify opportunities to improve Rosemyr’s portfolio through recommendations regarding the purchase, sale, and/or re-development of properties.
- Lease Available Space
- Advertise available space via channels (signage, Craigslist, CoStar etc…)
- Work with brokers, economic development and other organizations (for example, ICSC and CCIM) to identify and contact prospective tenants
- Provide property marketing information to prospective tenants
- Respond to and follow-up on incoming leads from prospective tenants
- Screen prospective tenants for:
• Business type / use for space
• Seriousness, operational ability and track record
• Financial strength / credit
- Meet with prospective tenants to show spaces, communicate the benefits of the space and the shopping center
- Determine when and how much risk Rosemyr should take on a tenant, and negotiate lease terms accordingly
- Prepare (write and/or modify) lease documents and exhibits
- Facilitate lease document execution; oversee tenant up-fit and move-in
- Renew Existing Leases
- Monitor lease expiration dates and option notification dates
- Determine if it is desirable to renew a Tenant’s lease and renewal rate
- Proactively work with tenants to renew leases
- Know the Market
- Monitor how existing tenants’ businesses are doing, their competition
- Research and monitor demographics, economics, competition, trends
- Drive the market on a regular basis to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Lease Available Space
- Property Management
- Know the Property
- Investigate, understand and document the property infrastructure (HVAC, roof, parking lot, exterior lighting, water/sewer, etc…)
- Visit the property on a regular basis (approximately monthly
- Tenant Relations
- Work to fulfill landlord requirements per tenants’ leases
- Build relationships and work to ensure open communication with tenants
- Be on call and respond to tenant concerns in a timely manner
- Guide and encourage tenants to fulfill their requirements per their lease, and when appropriate and warranted, provide assistance to tenants
- Inspect building upon tenant move-out, oversee necessary repairs, tenant account reconciliation, and handling of security deposit
- Routine and Preventative Maintenance
- Identify and evaluate the need for regular/periodic maintenance
- Setup, review and revise routine and preventative maintenance contracts
- Ensure that planned maintenance is completed satisfactorily
- Vendor Management
- Gather bids for work, and negotiate contracts with vendors
- Ensure vendors meet contract, insurance and tax requirements
- Follow-up with vendors to ensure work is completed satisfactorily
- Build relationships with vendors; promptly address any issues that arise
- Promptly review and respond to invoices received from vendors
- Promote the Property
- Promote the shopping center and its tenants via channels (social media, etc…) and at a level appropriate for the property and the market.
- Emergency Management (Be On Call)
- Monitor weather forecasts (particularly winter weather and hurricanes) and proactively communicate with tenants and vendors to mitigate and negative effects of inclement weather.
- Be reachable in the event of an emergency, be prepared to travel, be a presence at the site, document issues, photograph damage, and work with tenants, vendors, insurance adjusters, governments, and emergency services as may be appropriate and required.
- Asset and Construction Management
- Monitor and/or regularly inspect major property components (HVAC systems, roof systems, parking lot, lighting, signage, sprinkler, electrical, water/sewer, structure) to ensure they are in good working order.
- Maintain and update records with specific information about each major property component as well as its maintenance and repair history
- Identify opportunities for improvement to major property components
- Propose preventative maintenance options that might be beneficial
- Work with tenants and contractors to ensure construction work (including tenant upfit) meets with Rosemyr’s quality standards.
- General Management Assistance
- Assist Rosemyr management and office staff in whatever capacity may be required, including research and analysis, preparation of documents, presentations at meetings, project management, and emergency response.
- Know the Property
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to represent The Rosemyr Corporation in a professional, polite and courteous manner in business meetings and in all internal and external interactions
- Clarity and correctness in verbal and written communications
- Ability to understand lease and contract language (including “legalese”) as well as the impact of language changes
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, reading comprehension, and willingness to ask questions when something is not understood
- Comfort and willingness to travel (often individually via car, often several hours away, and sometimes overnight) to visit properties and to attend meetings and conferences.
- Financial acumen; research, analysis and basic accounting skills
- Comfort, familiarity and/or willingness to learn modern office and information technology systems with minimal direct instruction, including: telephone, email, word processing, spreadsheets, desktop publishing, presentation, instant messaging, social media, photography, image editing, audio/video conferencing, accounting, CRM, document management, and other computer, web and mobile business applications
- Ability to and interest in completing relevant courses and/or certifications (for example, those required for the CCIM designation)
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with candidate education and experience
- Employer pays 95% of health insurance and 100% of life insurance and LT Disability
- Dental insurance available
- Paid vacation and retirement plan
- All qualified candidates must have the legal right to work in the United States and must successfully pass a background check and drug screening.
- Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions, please call 252-430-6161 and ask for Sarah or Paul.
The Rosemyr Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.